The recipe takes the well known blueberry muffins recipe and modifies it with the addition of oatmeal and wholewheat flour.
- 1 2/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (about 2 1/3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put oats into a food processor; pulse 5 times until oats look like coarse meal. Put in a big bowl.
- Gently spoon flours into dry measuring cups. Mix flours and the next 5 fixings to oats in bowl; blend well with a whisk. Make a well in center of the mix.
- Add buttermilk, oil, rind, and eggs in a small bowl; mix well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, mixing just until moist.
- Put in berries with 2 tablespoons flour, and gently fold them into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups covered with cooking spray; sprinkle batter with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Place on a wire rack and serve warm or at ambient temperature.
Originally posted 2015-11-05 22:11:45.