What could be better than bacon? How about wrapping it around moist, tender meatloaf. This recipe is just that and will be a favourite with your family.
- 1 lb ground beef;
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut in small chunks;
- 8 additional strips of bacon;
- ¼ cup coconut milk;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, minced;
- Fresh parsley, chopped;
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, the bacon pieces, the garlic, the chives and the coconut milk. Mix well until all the ingredients hold together.
- Season the mixture with freshly ground black pepper to taste. There is no need to add salt to the mixture since the bacon will have enough salt.
- Take a medium size muffin tin and place a slice of bacon around the sides of each hole.
- Fill these same eight holes with the beef mixture.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Once ready and cool enough to handle, remove the mini meatloaves from the muffin tin and serve with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
Originally posted 2015-11-02 19:31:15.