Cream of Asparagus soup is an excellent soup that can be eaten warm or cold. You can use a cream substitute if you want to avoid.
- 2 lbs asparagus (2 bunches)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp low fat sour cream
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt better on low heat. Add onion and sauté on low for about 2-3 minutes.
- Break off the tough ends off the asparagus and dispose. Cut the asparagus into 2 inch pieces. Add to the pot with the onions. Pour in the chicken broth, salt and pepper. Cover and cook about 20-25 minutes or until asparagus is soft. Take off of the heat, add sour cream and using a blender, puree until smooth.
Originally posted 2015-11-02 19:41:57.