Creamy mushroom soup is such a filling and warming soup and excellent for a cold winter day. This smooth mushroom soup recipe is sure to hit the spot this holiday.
- 4 cups heavy white cream
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped, cooked bacon
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- Warm skillet with butter until butter is melted. Add garlic to pan and saute about a minute. Remove from heat.
- Place all ingredients to a 6-quart crock pot. Cook for roughly 4 to 6 hours on low, or until soup is slightly thicker and frothy. Keep in min that the soup will thicken as it cools so there is no need to worry if it appears thin.
Originally posted 2015-11-02 19:08:48.