“Very yummy soup that has always been a hit! Main ingredients include ground beef, cabbage, tomato sauce, kidney beans and onion. I promise you won’t regret making it!”
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 5 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion, and cook until beef is well browned and crumbled. Drain fat, and transfer beef to a slow cooker. Add cabbage, kidney beans, water, tomato sauce, bouillon, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir to dissolve bouillon, and cover.
- Cook on high setting for 4 hours, or on low setting for 6 to 8 hours. Stir occasionally. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2015-10-23 19:43:56.