Making this tagine recipe will take you to perfect slow-cooked lamb in a few easy steps. All you will have to do is sit back and wait until its ready.
- 1 navel orange
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup pitted dried plums
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups hot cooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
1. Grater some rind and squeeze juice from orange to measure 2 teaspoons of rind and 1/4 cup of orange juice. Mix flour to orange juice, stirring with a whisk until smooth; stir in the rind.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb and sauté it for about 7 minutes until browned. Stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen brown bits. Stir in orange juice mixture. Stir onion and next 5 ingredients into lamb mixture. Pour combination into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until lamb is tender.
3. Add dried plums and honey into lamb mixture. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Serve lamb mixture over couscous; sprinkle with almonds.
Originally posted 2015-11-02 18:25:21.